Tuesday, June 8, 2010

The Lost Tooth

My little girl lost her second tooth today. And then she lost the lost tooth.

We realized this as I was tucking her into bed. She had taken her tooth from the tiny tooth-shaped container, which was sitting on the coffee table, to play with it. As fate would have it, I vacuumed the living room earlier tonight. So there's a chance the tooth is somewhere inside my Dyson. I guess I won't win Mother of the Year because I did not, at bedtime, offer to sift through the questionable contents of the vacuum cleaner to find the wayward tooth.

She was too tired to care and stuck the empty tooth-shaped container under her pillow. I said I'd leave a note for the tooth fairy to explain.

I'm pretty sure the tooth fairy is cool and will leave a trail of pixie dust and a crisp dollar bill.

5 comments:

FDO said...

Yeah, the tooth fairy usually is understanding about stuff like that--no need to check the vacuum. Our tooth fairy is a bit scatter-brained as she has forgotten to come a few times. I think we must just live in a very busy neighborhood; right?? What else would make her make my kids wait an extra day or two to get their money?? She's also not as generous as yours tooth fairy. She only gives 50 cents per tooth. ;)

Unknown said...

I thought it was a $5 bill. I lost a lot of teeth. Do you think you could leave a note for the Tooth Fairy that I lost them too?

Darcey said...

The $5 bill was only because it was the smallest bill I had on me! I figured that's the going rate for your *very first* lost tooth! She didn't question only receiving a $1 bill this morning. She was more excited about the pixie dust.

Rachna said...

Aww how cute! :)You must be loving this phase of hers!

Darcey said...

Sometimes I wish I could freeze time. She is at such a precious age.